Looking to get more beneficial matcha in your diet? Then you simply must try these energy bites! Seriously, move over granola bars.
These energy bites – packed with Ceremonial Matcha green tea, cacao nibs and healthy nuts – are a great snack in between meals, perfect pre-gym or just as a healthy dessert substitute. They are easy to make and great for anyone with commitment issues. What if you don’t want a whole granola bar, right?
They are also easy to customize! Below is how I like them but you can easily mix and match your favorite ingredients. Try dried currants instead of the cacao nibs, sesame seeds instead of chia seeds or even swap out the matcha for Numi Turmeric Latte powder. If you do that, I suggest adding a tablespoon of peanut butter.
It’s so good!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Numi Ceremonial Matcha
- Add the nuts, cacao nibs, chocolate chips and chia seeds to a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Add in the pitted dates and process until fully chopped and blended.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop out the mixture and roll it between your hands to create evenly sized balls.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in an air tight container, in the fridge, for up to a week.
For more matcha magic from Jerry James Stone, try his Matcha Overnight Oats Three Ways or his Matcha Green Russian.