Part ice cream float, part smoothie. This vegan-friendly Raspberry “Ice Cream” Tea Float is as delicious as it is guilt-free. It’s made with whole fruit, brewed tea and not much else. Numi Gratitude Teasan is crisp and apple-like, and the licorice root in the teasan works so well with sweet-tart raspberries.
You’re now ready for summer!
Give the recipe a try:
4 ripe bananas
6 ounces fresh raspberries
1 cup brewed tea, Numi Gratitude Teasan
1/2 cup alt. milk of your choice (almond, soy, coconut), vanilla unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon honey
Whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas into quarter inch slices, and lay them out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place the tray, uncovered, in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Brew a cup of Numi Gratitude Teasan. Mix in the alt milk (I used almond) and honey. Chill the brewed tea in the fridge.
- Add the frozen bananas to a food processor and puree them until smooth. Add in the 6 ounces of raspberries and puree.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish and place in the freezer for about an hour, until the “ice cream” is scoop-able and holds its form.
- To make your tea floats, scoop the ice cream into soda fountain glasses, pour in the tea mixture. Optionally, add the whipped cream and garnish with fresh raspberries. You’ll have about two floats from this recipe.