Ditch the soda — try this balancing fizzy tea!
This season, ditch sugary sodas for a refreshing alternative. Fizzy Tea satisfies the senses with carbonation, crisp coolness, flavor nuance and a hint of sweetness, offering a healthy alternative to traditional warm weather beverages.
And, if you’re more of a Kombucha drinker like I am, you’ll love the similar flavor profile that you can capture easily at home without the aid of fermentation. From afternoons on the porch to picnics at the park to simple mornings at home, it hits the spot.
I used Numi’s Balance tea blend because the earthy citrus and berry notes of moringa, chamomile and blackberry leaf work together beautifully in an iced drink, playing with the brightness of the carbonation. But don’t be afraid to try this recipe with any of your favorite Numi teas to see what works best for you!
- Add 3 tea bags to heat safe pitcher or container.
- Boil 1½ cups hot water. Pour over tea bags.
- Add sweetener of choice. Fully dissolve in hot water, then let tea steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Cover container and place in refrigerator to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Once tea is completely cool, pour tea into a clean glass (I used a tumbler) to the halfway point. Add two cubes of ice, then add sparkling water. Do not stir.
- Makes two glasses.