Though it seems silly in some ways, adding a little aesthetic or some subtle sweetness to the loveliness of everyday items (which we’re all so blessed to have access to) can literally and figuratively brighten up your day. These tea-infused edible flower ice cubes are a 5-minute DIY that are perfect for long summer days, slow afternoons, romantic evenings and pinterest-y parties.
Fresh edible flowers are best found at your local farmer’s market. If you don’t have a farmers’ market nearby, look for edible flowers in the produce section of your grocery store, or find dried ones online. Shops like Gourmet Sweet Botanicals, Marx Foods, and Melissa’s are a good place to start for fresh ones.
Flowers you can definitely eat include Rose, Lavender, Pansies, Chamomile, Hibiscus and many others.
- Numi Rooibos Tea (though any flavor of tea will do)
- 1 Teaspoon of Agave Syrup
- Organic Edible Flowers (dried or fresh)
- Boil water and put it in a cup or teapot and let it infuse with tea
- Once it has cooled down, add the agave syrup and pour it into your ice tray
- Sprinkle with edible flowers
- Add to a cup of iced tea or cold water, and enjoy!
Give these a try in a tea spritzer, DIY bubble tea or even a tea-infused cocktail.