Delicate persimmon offsets spicy turmeric chai in this Turmeric Vanilla Smoothie Bowl. Enjoy the boost of turmeric in the morning, or impress your friends and use it as a healthy dessert. No matter what time of day you imbibe, you’ll get the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant benefits of this power spice. And the best part is that this recipe requires no added sugar.
Smoothie bowls are easy to make and more satisfying than your typical smoothie drink thanks to the addition of toppings. I love the added texture almonds and crisp persimmon provide, and the richly saturated oranges and yellows make for an eye-catching treat.
When it comes to turmeric, a little goes a long way. For best flavor balance, I added 1 teaspoon of turmeric chai to the mixture, but you can always add more to taste.
- 1 sliced banana, frozen (slice before freezing for best results)
- Splash of almond milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Numi Turmeric Chai Golden Latte mix
- Unsalted slivered almonds, to taste
- 1 ripe persimmon, cut into bite size pieces (should be solid orange and slightly crisp)
- Add bananas, vanilla, turmeric and a splash of almond milk to blender.
- Blend until smooth throughout. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Carefully pour mixture into bowl.
- Add almonds and diced persimmon.
- Tip: To enjoy a smoothie bowl everyday, slice and freeze several bananas at once. Prep your toppings ahead of time, too, and you'll be able to make your bowl in no time.