There’s nothing better to accompany your afternoon cup of tea than a sweet treat. Here at Numi, we love to infuse tea into recipes of all kinds to celebrate the rich flavors of tea, especially into baked goods. If you’ve ever checked out the inside flap of your box of Numi tea, you’ll find all sorts of delicious, unique recipes utilizing tea in tasteful new ways.
Our Breakfast Blend tea is a complex blend of the best organic black teas, from malty Assam, robust Ceylon, brisk Chinese Keemun to hints of floral Darjeeling. The sumptuous flavors carry wonderfully into this Breakfast Blend Biscotti recipe. It’s the perfect treat to dunk in your tea cup!
What do you pair with your afternoon cup of tea? Tell us in the comments!
🍴🍪Happy baking. 🍪🍴
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 tea bags Breakfast Blend tea
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs.
- Tear open tea bags, pour into water in a mug and stir. Steep 5 minutes, then stir into sugar mixture. Fold in flour mixture and nuts.
- Lightly grease baking sheet. Shape dough into 2-inch wide logs on sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1⁄2 -inch thick slices.
- Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Cool before serving.
If you enjoyed this, you might also like our Orange Spice Tea Cake or Chai Tea Cupcakes.
Leave a Reply