Though supporting ethical brands through your holiday gifting is an important part of growing the conscious community, engaging in a few simple DIYs to add to the mix is a lovely way to slow down, personalize, and get crafty.
Delicious DIYs, like this Golden Chai Infused Sugar recipe, are easy an easy to please gift, that loved ones can use for rimming holiday cocktails, sprinkling on cookies, or adding that extra bit of sweetness ‘n’ spice (‘n’ everything nice) to your tea each morning.
It is a quick and easy DIY to do with holiday spices you’ve probably already got in your cupboards, and you can package it all up sweetly by reusing old condiment jars with a bit of jute or ribbon to complete the gifty goodness.
1 Teabag / 1 Tablespoon of Numi Golden Chai tea
2 Cinnamon Sticks
¼ Teaspoon Cloves
4 Teaspoons Cardamom Pods
8 Whole Star Anise
Jar of Fairtrade Organic Palm-Free Sugar
Nutmeg (to taste)
1 Vanilla Bean
- Break up the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean into small pieces and add them, along with all the other spices, into the sugar jar.
- Break open the tea bag (or add a tablespoon of loose) Numi Golden Chai tea to the mix.
- Stir the sugar and the spices together so they’re blended. You may need to pour the mixture out into a dish to mix it properly.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container for a week or two.
- Once the spices have infused into the sugar, pour the sugar into smaller jars to gift to family and friends.