I’m a huge fan of simple creations, aka things that don’t take long to make or require many ingredients, but looks like you tried super hard. I saw this recipe on Sugar & Charm and thought I’d adapt it to be vegan and palm oil free to dip into your favorite Numi tea.
These little beauties make great post dinner party deserts in the summer, a great gift all year round, or a little treat mixed in a cup of coconut milk, or even better, tea. I love them dipped & stirred into a mug of Aged Earl Grey, Golden Chai, or Breakfast Blend with milk and honey, or even into a Turmeric Cocoa Golden Latte to add a little extra chocolatey goodness.
- 2 Squares of Palm-Oil Free Fair Trade Chocolate (We used Raaka Coconut Milk Chocolate Bar but any chocolate will do)
- 2 tsp of Numi Ceremonial Matcha Powder (optional)
- 2 tsp of Agave syrup (which you don’t need if your chocolate isn’t bittersweet)
- 3 spoons
- Edible Flowers / Sea Salt for decoration
- Prepare a plate that will fit inside your refrigerator (or if you house has air con you can leave it on the counter). Check that your spoons will be level on that plate, if not, find something to prop the ends of the spoons up so the chocolate will remain level as it cools.
- Put the chocolate and optional matcha powder into a saucepan
- Melt the mixture stirring it constantly as it melts. You can do this on a double broiler or very carefully in a saucepan on medium heat.
- When the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat and dip the spoons in the chocolate, it will remain quite thick and manageable so just wipe any spillage from the spoon with your finger or a wet cloth.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, but before it hardens, add the garnishes.
- Dip into your favorite tea lattes or eat on their own. Enjoy!