Matcha fans are creating ways to enjoy this flavorful, antioxidant powerhouse in lattes, smoothies, desserts and more.
For this recipe, we were inspired by Hannah‘s Matcha Shortbread recipe—you can’t go wrong with a shortbread crust. These gluten-free Citrus Matcha Cheesecake Bites are easy to make and sure to be a hit at gatherings.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons softened butter or shortening
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Numi Organic Citrus Matcha
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- CRUST: Mix all ingredients until combined. Line a cupcake pan with paper or parchment baking cups. Fill each cup with crust, pressing firmly to approximately ½ inch thickness. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- FILLING: Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until blended. Add eggs and mix until blended. Fill each cup with approximately 1-inch of filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until center of each cup is nearly set. Let cool then remove from cups.
- GARNISH: Dust with matcha powder and adorn with fruit.