Adapted from one of our favorite blogs, Cooking Therapy, these delicious mochi brownies use our Dash of Salt Drinking Chocolate crumbles in place of standard dark chocolate to make a gooey, decadent ganache that’s packed with cacao. Read on for the full recipe.
We used Mochiko sweet rice flower to achieve the perfect chewy texture. As a sweet bonus, these brownies are gluten free!
The brown butter lends a deep, nutty flavor to the recipe. Make sure to use unsalted butter, since the brownies are finished with a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
Crumbling extra Drinking Chocolate on top of the brownie batter before baking creates a beautiful natural texture, and adds even more richness.
We hope you enjoy making—and eating!—these brownies as much as we did. They’re the perfect addition to a holiday party, bake sale, or even just your night in with Netflix. After the year we’ve been through, we could all use a little indulgence.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz Numi Dash of Salt Drinking Chocolate crumbles
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the butter over high heat until it melts. Lower heat to low. Heat the butter until golden brown and remove from heat.
- Add Drinking Chocolate crumbles to a small bowl. Pour in brown butter and stir until chocolate melts. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt until thick and creamy (~5 minutes).
- While mixing, stream in your chocolate ganache from step 4. Mix until well combined.
- Sift sweet rice flour and cocoa powder into bowl and combine.
- Spoon batter into your prepared baking pan and sprinkle extra Drinking Chocolate crumbles on top of the brownie batter before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the brownies and smack them on the counter to remove air bubbles. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and put the brownies back in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.