Layering jasmine flowers on top of green tea leaves is one of the most traditional and natural ways of flavoring tea, because the tea leaves pick up the scent of the blossoms.
Enjoy their fragrant scent in this exotic cocktail! It’s perfect for entertaining. Dazzle your guests or enjoy with your better half for a romantic night in or weekend brunch.
Added bonus: the boozy fruit at the bottom of the glass!
- For the Jasmine Green Tea Gin:
- 350 ml gin
- 1 heaping tablespoon Numi loose-leaf Jasmine Green tea
- For 1 Cocktail:
- 1 lychee (canned, syrup reserved)
- 2-3 teaspoons lychee syrup (chilled)
- ½ oz Jasmine Green Tea Gin
- Prosecco wine or other dry sparkling wine (chilled)
- 2 fresh raspberries
- 1 strip of lime peel
- In a glass bottle or mason jar, combine gin and tea leaves, stir, cover with lid and infuse at room temperature for 4 hours. Strain and discard tea leaves.
- In a wine glass or champagne flute, combine Jasmine Green Tea Gin and lychee syrup. Stir. If using fresh lychees, substitute lychee syrup for simple syrup. Add one lychee and the raspberries, top with prosecco wine and garnish with a strip of lime peel.
- Serve and enjoy!