Give yourself a detoxifying boost by infusing Ginger Lemon Tea with the anti-inflammatory goodness of turmeric, ginger, and a cayenne kick.
This lemon ginger tea tonic is reminiscent of the ancient Indonesian recipe known as Jamu, a healing mixture of ginger and turmeric along with other roots, herbs, and spices. In Indonesia, Jamu is used for everything: to heal viruses and colds, combat weight gain, and even target insomnia. Ginger and turmeric are both incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory, anti fungal, and anti-bacterial substances. Cayenne pepper increases circulation and aids digestion, helping with the detoxification process of the body.
If you’re feeling under the weather, or just want to boost your overall health and wellness as a new season begins, try this tonic!
- 2 cups (16 oz) water
- 2 bags Ginger Lemon Tea
- 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- ⅛ to ½ tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- Honey or sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
- Place water, turmeric, and ginger in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add tea bags, cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and strain.
- Add cayenne pepper and optional sweetener, to taste.
- Enjoy in good health!