Give yourself a detoxifying boost by infusing Ginger Lemon Tea with the anti-inflammatory goodness of turmeric, ginger, and a cayenne kick.
This lemon ginger tea tonic is reminiscent of the ancient Indonesian recipe known as Jamu, a healing mixture of ginger and turmeric along with other roots, herbs, and spices. In Indonesia, Jamu is used for everything: to heal viruses and colds, combat weight gain, and even target insomnia. Ginger and turmeric are both incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory, anti fungal, and anti-bacterial substances. Cayenne pepper increases circulation and aids digestion, helping with the detoxification process of the body.
If you’re feeling under the weather, or just want to boost your overall health and wellness as a new season begins, try this tonic!
- 2 cups (16 oz) water
- 2 bags Ginger Lemon Tea
- 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- ⅛ to ½ tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- Honey or sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
- Place water, turmeric, and ginger in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, add tea bags, cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and strain.
- Add cayenne pepper and optional sweetener, to taste.
- Enjoy in good health!
Rahul Khurana says
Hi, I want to say something about your tea blog Your blog is great and informative, Keep following our blog to know more tea information at dantaherbs.com/blogs/news
Suman Japlot says
Hi! Genuinely we agree with you that green tea is helpful for health. This article clears up you why one must have green tea regularly and its benefit. Keep following our blog to know more health information.
Halmari Tea says
Nice article and like all the points you have written on ginger lemon tea. Thanks for posting!