Both delicious and hydrating, this fresh fruit-infused hibiscus tea mocktail is the ideal non-alcoholic refreshment. Skip the booze and go big on flavor.
Summer is in full swing, and you know what that means: iced tea! If you’re loving floral flavors this season, Embrace tea, a hibiscus-based tea with cloves and cinnamon, is ideal hot or iced.
Here at Numi, we love a good tea-infused cocktail; they make for tasteful drinks with complex flavors, and antioxidants to boot! For those choosing not to indulge, tea also makes an amazing base for mocktails that are just as good.
Fresh raspberries and a vibrant hibiscus base make for a simple mocktail that you can whip up quickly in big batches for your next party or BBQ!
Try the recipe below. In good health!
- 2 bags of Hibiscus teasan
- 2 cups boiled water
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- splash of club soda
- 2 lemon peels
- edible flowers for garnish
- Place the two tea bags in a jar and fill it with the hot water. Let the Hibiscus tea cool to room temperature.
- Mash the fresh raspberries. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the raspberry mash over the tea. Discard the raspberry seeds and pulp. Add the simple syrup to the tea mixture, and stir to combine.
- Fill two 10-ounce glasses with ice. Pour the hibiscus raspberry mix into each glass, filling them about three quarters of the way up. Twist a lemon peel over each glass to release the essential oils. Rub the rim of the glass with the lemon peel. Place a peel into each glass for garnish. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda. Garnish each drink with a few raspberries and edible flowers.