Agua fresca is a thirst-quenching Mexican beverage made with pureed fruit, water and lime juice. Start with juicy, ripe fruit. To take it up a notch, I used Numi Holistic Hibiscus (Embrace) Teasan, a deliciously tangy, floral and spicy blend that celebrates love and shines with bright hibiscus flavor.
The color of this refreshing agua fresca is seriously stunning. Get ready for a bit of summertime in a glass!
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 + 2 Numi Hibiscus (Embrace) teabags
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, or more to taste
- A pinch of dried hibiscus flowers
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Steep 1 Numi Hibiscus tea bag in 1 ½ cups boiling water, covered, for 10 minutes. Discard tea bag, let cool and fill an ice cube mold with Hibiscus tea. Freeze for a few hours until solid. By using Hibiscus tea to make ice cubes, your agua fresca is going to be more flavorful (instead of watered down) as the ice cubes melt.
- Separately, steep 2 Numi Hibiscus tea bags in 1 ½ cups boiling water, covered, for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and let cool.
- In the carafe of your blender, add cooled Hibiscus tea, diced watermelon, sliced strawberries, lime juice and honey. Blend. Strain. Pour in cocktail glasses over previously prepared Hibiscus tea ice cubes.
- Garnish with a pinch of dried hibiscus flowers and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Serve immediately and enjoy!