Indulge in the rich and nutty flavor of a Hojicha cappuccino topped with velvety foam and a sprinkle of allspice.
Hojicha Roasted Japanese Green Tea
This roasted Japanese green tea has a nutty, smoky & earthy flavor. After organic tea leaves are harvested, they are steamed and rolled in small batches, then roasted at a high temperature which removes bitterness and gives the tea its rich umami flavor. Hojicha is low in caffeine.
A hojicha latte is a popular beverage in Japan that is enjoyed both hot and iced. We added thick, creamy almond milk foam and allspice to ours to make it a cozy cappuccino. Did you make this? Tag us on IG @numiorganictea and let us know how you tweaked it!
Numi’s roasted Japanese green teas are grown and harvested by a small farmer association in a special isolated area in Shizuoka, Japan – perfect for organic farming. They have been harvesting and processing tea for four generations and are among the earliest certified organic tea farmers in Japan.
- 2-3 Hojicha tea bags (use 3 bags for a richer flavor)
- 4oz Boiling water
- 4oz Almond creamer or milk of choice
- Sweetener of choice
- Allspice to garnish
- Take your boiling water and add it to your tea bags. Allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat & froth your creamer by using a milk frother or add your hot milk to your blender and pulse to aerate. Tip - Almond milk creamer brings out the delicious nutty flavor of Numi’s Hojicha tea, Barista oat milk or whole cow’s milk will make the best foam for your fluffy cappuccino foam topping.
- Combine tea and sweetener. Finally, pour in your warm, frothy milk and garnish with allspice.
Find our Hojicha at Amazon or NumiTea.com.
Leave a Reply