Add a tealicious twist to homemade granola bars for on-the-go snacking!
These sweet and fragrant bars are simple to make, and won’t contain preservatives like their conventional counterparts.
🍊 🍊 🍊
- 2½ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. chopped nuts (almond or walnuts are great!)
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1-2 teabags of Numi Aged Earl Grey tea
- Candied orange peels (optional)
- Lightly toast the oats and walnuts in a 350 degree oven until the edges are barely browned. This step is optional, but will add a nice crisp to your finished bars.
- Mix brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is slightly thickened. Add salt, then pour the mixture over oats, tea, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Transfer to a parchment-lined 8x8 pan and press evenly with a spatula or well-greased hands (be sure the mixture is cooled enough, first!). If you prefer a thinner, crisper bar, press into a slightly larger pan. Sprinkle orange peels on top, and press into bar mixture.
- Chill granola bars for at least 2 hours, cut into bars or squares, and enjoy!