Add a tealicious twist to homemade granola bars for on-the-go snacking!
These sweet and fragrant bars are simple to make, and won’t contain preservatives like their conventional counterparts.
Candied orange peels add a nice citrusy-sweet flavor that complements Numi’s Aged Earl Grey tea well. Purchase pre-made or make your own with this tutorial.
🍊 🍊 🍊
Aged Earl Grey Granola Bars
- 2½ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. chopped nuts (almond or walnuts are great!)
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1-2 teabags of Numi Aged Earl Grey tea
- Candied orange peels (optional)
- Lightly toast the oats and walnuts in a 350 degree oven until the edges are barely browned. This step is optional, but will add a nice crisp to your finished bars.
- Mix brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is slightly thickened. Add salt, then pour the mixture over oats, tea, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Transfer to a parchment-lined 8x8 pan and press evenly with a spatula or well-greased hands (be sure the mixture is cooled enough, first!). If you prefer a thinner, crisper bar, press into a slightly larger pan. Sprinkle orange peels on top, and press into bar mixture.
- Chill granola bars for at least 2 hours, cut into bars or squares, and enjoy!
An increased amount of honey can be used instead of brown sugar, but the bars may not hold together as well when not refrigerated.
What a great idea for granola bars! I never thought about adding tea but that would definitely give it a really interesting and unusual flavour. Plus, it’s the perfect snack for breakfast then!