At Bounty Farm, Judy Hamilton always has a batch of kombucha brewing. She says it makes her feel like a million bucks. Judy and her business partner, Janelle Solinger, grow a diverse array of food on one acre in Kodiak, Alaska, selling vegetables, flowers, baked goods and kombucha at their weekly farmers market. Read on for Judy’s homemade kombucha recipe made with Numi loose leaf tea!
Let’s Be Wild from Gretchen Powers on Vimeo.
Homemade Kombucha Recipe:
1. For each gallon of kombucha, start with 0.3 ounces of Numi Gunpowder Green and 0.3 ounces of Numi Chinese Breakfast teas
2. Brew, strain, and add one cup of organic sugar per gallon of tea
3. Cool this to room temperature and add it to the kombucha culture (SCOBY)
4. After a week or so, strain the kombucha into another vessel and add to it about one cup of fruit per gallon of kombucha (Judy loves raspberry or blackberry ginger)
5. Let this secondary fermentation proceed for 2-3 days before you strain and refrigerate
Leave a Reply