This refreshing Iced Tea cocktail is spiked with Sake, which beautifully complements the delicate lychee flavor of the simple syrup. We like to think it’s the perfect drink to serve at a patio party with friends!
Though any green or black tea can be used for this recipe, I prefer Numi’s Mate Lemon tea. It’s complex taste is perfect for this drink, since the other ingredients are more mildly flavored.
Try the recipe:
- For the Lychee Simple Syrup:
- 1.5 cups of fresh lychee fruit, or 1 can of preserved lychee
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- To assemble each cocktail:
- 1 cup of chilled green tea (I used Numi's Mate Lemon)
- ⅛ cup of Lychee syrup
- ⅛ cup of Sake
- Sliced pineapple chunks to garnish
- To create the Lychee simple syrup, bring water, sugar and fruit to a slow boil (drain the lychee first if you’re using canned fruit!). Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- To compile the cocktail, combine green tea, Lychee syrup, sake and ice together. Add in pineapple chunks as garnish. Enjoy!