Turmeric is an incredibly versatile ingredient. Besides hot teas and lattes, it’s great for turmeric smoothies, too!
For this turmeric smoothie, I’m pairing Numi’s Turmeric Chai Golden Latte™ powder with mangoes and oranges. The earthy notes from the turmeric balances the bright flavors of the fruits very well. I also like adding a few slices of ginger to my smoothie for a spicy kick.
In the smoothie, I added one medjool date to give the smoothie more sweetness. If medjool dates are not readily available, you can substitute it for 1/2 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
Enjoy this refreshing smoothie in the morning or for an afternoon pick-me-up!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Numi Turmeric Chai Golden Latte
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 medjool date
- ¼ medium avocado
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add another medjool date if you want more sweetness.
- Serve the smoothie in 2 glasses.