Any matchaholics out there?
If you’re as crazy about matcha as we are, one of the easiest ways to enjoy it is in a blended drink with milk and ice. We love this recipe because of it’s versatility: use almond milk and no sweetener for a lighter version, or thick, creamy coconut milk with vanilla for a luscious dessert. Sip it on a hot day when you’re looking for a sweet little pick-me-up after lunch.
If you don’t know much about matcha, it is an antioxidant powerhouse; Matcha drinkers benefit from ingesting the whole leaf rather than the brewed leaves. Numi Ceremonial Matcha is perfect for use in cooking or in recipes because of the high quality of the powder; Ceremonial grade is the best grade of matcha available.
So, what are you waiting for? Blend away!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 heaping teaspoon Numi Ceremonial Matcha powder
- ½ cup your choice of milk (we suggest coconut milk for a creamier consistency or almond for a lighter version)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon stevia, honey, or other natural sweetener (optional)
- Measure and combine ice, Numi Ceremonial Matcha, milk, vanilla and sweetener into high-speed blender.
- Blend & enjoy!
For more matcha green tea goodness, try our Matcha Milk Tea Pops or Vegan Layered Matcha Parfait.