Adapted from one of our favorite baking blogs by Cathering Zhang, these delicious cookies use our organic Ceremonial Matcha.
The sweet, buttery flavor of white chocolate perfectly complements the grassy flavor of the matcha. Add as much or as little matcha as you like! Read on for the full recipe.
White Chocolate Matcha Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 9 cookies
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup white sugar
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- 1-3 tsp Numi Ceremonial Matcha powder
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3.5oz (200 g) White chocolate chips or chunks
- Flakey salt
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the butter over high heat until it melts. Lower heat to low. Heat the butter until dark golden brown. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and matcha.
- Add the brown and white sugar, egg and egg yolk to the butter and mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Make 9 cookies; roll into balls of dough until smooth then flatten.
- Chill in freezer for 30 min.
- Bake for 15 min.
Leave a Reply