Suzanne, you had us at Moroccan Mint-infused balsamic reduction! We loved this minTEA twist on a classic bruschetta with summer veggies fresh from our garden or the local farmer’s market.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, chopped
- ¾ cup cucumber, chopped (approximately 1 cucumber)
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup steeped Numi Moroccan Mint tea
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 24 baguette slices, toasted
- Heat a large saute pan over medium/medium-low heat, add the butter and cook the onion until caramelized (about 15 minutes); let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumber, mint, basil and cooled onions; add the olive oil, salt and pepper; toss and set aside (at this point you can refrigerate this mixture if you aren't going to make the sauce immediately).
- In a saucepan, over low heat, add the Numi Moroccan Mint tea, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar; cook over low until the brown sugar melts (about 5 minutes); bring the sauce to a boil; reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes (or until thickened and reduced by half).
- To serve, place the toasted baguette slices on a platter, top with a heaping spoonful of the tomato and mozzarella mixture and drizzle with the reduced Numi Moroccan Mint balsamic glaze.
* * * * *
SUZANNE GERRETY is a stay-at-home mom who loves to cook and invent recipes to share with her husband, three year-old daughter and one year-old son. This family loves Numi Tea, so when she heard about the Numi recipe contest she knew it was the perfect opportunity for her to try out a new recipe with a product they love!