“An affogato or more traditonally known as ‘affogato al caffe’ is an Italian coffee-based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of fior di latte or vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or ‘drowned’ with a shot of hot espresso. Some variations also include a shot of amaretto, Bicerin, Kahlua, or other liqueur…” – Wikipedia
Numi’s affogato take a delicious twist on this classic after-dinner coffee drink by replacing the espresso with our new Fair Trade Certified™️ Drinking Chocolates. This easy yet elegant recipe is a crowd-pleaser any time of year.
- • 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- • 4 tbsp. Numi Dash of Salt Drinking Chocolate (or the flavor of your choice)
- • 1 oz. boiled water
- • 1 shot liqueur of choice (room temperature is best)
- Scoop ice cream into glass. In a separate container, whisk drinking chocolate with hot water. Pour over ice cream along with liqueur. Enjoy!
Now Available: Organic, Fair Trade Drinking Chocolates
Uplift and indulge with 65% cacao organic dark chocolate crumbles masterfully blended into tasty molten elixirs. Our NEW vegan, gluten-free Drinking Chocolates feature organic Fair Trade Certified cocoa and tasty flavors that contain organic vanilla bean, cayenne, chaga mushroom, cinnamon and more. With only 5g of organic coconut sugar, they’re also paleo friendly! Available in 4 mouth-watering flavors:
- Shroom Power – with chaga mushroom
- Kick of Mocha – with coffee & vanilla
- Dash of Salt – with Himalayan salt
- Touch of Chili – with cayenne & cinnamon
Where to Buy Numi Drinking Chocolates
Visit our online store and enjoy free 1-3 day shipping on all orders $39 and over. Our Drinking Chocolates are also available at select retailers, including Whole Foods. Order Dash of Salt or Touch of Chili for pickup or delivery today.