Create a distinctive, flavorful and vegan-friendly rice dish using our Jasmine Green Tea!
Nutty Jasmine Rice
Author: Numi Organic Tea
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Nutty Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 bags Jasmine Green Tea
- 1½ tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups uncooked rice, preferably Basmati
- 1 tsp. crushed saffron
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Squeeze tea bags and remove.
- Stir in 1 tsp. oil, salt and rice. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- In separate container, steep saffron in ⅛ cup water for 5 minutes. Pour saffron mixture over rice and recover. Cook another 5-10 minutes, until rice is tender.
- In separate frying pan, fry nuts in 1-1/2 tsp. oil, until golden. When serving, scatter nuts and parsley over rice.