Here’s a healthy and fun way to ring in the 4th of July, or any time of year. This berry-packed layered smoothie is a great start to your day. Or also just dessert!
Numi Balance tea adds a nice citrusy zing to this recipe, featuring flavors of moringa, lemon myrtle, chamomile and blackberry leaf.
- 3 large bananas
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teabag Numi Balance Teasan
- 6 ounces frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces frozen raspberries
- Peel and add the three large bananas to a blender along with the yogurt. Add in half of the almond milk and blend. Add more milk until the smoothie is smooth but firm, as needed. The ripeness of the bananas affects this.
- Empty in the Balance tea bag contents and blend.
- Pour off ⅔ of the smoothie into a container and place it in the fridge.
- Blend the remaining ⅓ with 6 ounces of frozen blueberries. Again, you want the smoothie to be smooth but firm. You may need more almond milk. Divide the blueberries between two glasses.
- Using some of the banana smoothie, add in another layer to the glasses, then place them back in the fridge.
- Blend the remaining banana smoothie with 6 ounces of frozen raspberries, adding more milk if needed.
- Top the smoothies in the fridge with the raspberry smoothie.
- Enjoy! This recipe makes two layered smoothies.
If you liked this recipe, check out Jerry James Stone’s Two-Tone Turmeric Tea Smoothie or Raspberry “Ice Cream” Tea Float for more iced, tea-based treats.