I’ve been drinking my way through every flavor of Numi’s new Holistic wellness teas. Though I’ve got a few favorites, the Purpose blend was an immediate standout for me because of the notes of cacao and the inclusion of my two favorite spices- ginger and cardamom. Here are a few ways that I’ve been enjoying my Purpose tea this month while partnering with Numi to share how I live with purpose daily and am inspired by others who do the same.
As a refreshing iced tea
Simple and delicious, iced tea is my favorite mid-afternoon pick-me-up. I live in a hot, tropical climate and enjoy brewing my iced tea in the sun on my balcony, but you can just as easily cold brew your tea overnight as well. I like to infuse my iced tea with fruits, veggies, and herbs- a sprig of mint, a few slices of cucumber, or a squeeze of citrus are my favorite additions.
As a ginger-lemon cocktail
The warm, earthy spices in the Purpose tea blend are complemented by the sour zing of lemon in this delicious boozy iced tea cocktail. I love to drink an ice cold cocktail while relaxing and reading after a long day.
- Ginger-lemon syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 TB chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 ounces brewed Purpose tea, cooled
- 1 ounce rum
- ½ oz ginger lemon syrup
- ¼ ounce fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices to garnish
- To make the syrup:
- Bring sugar, water, zest, and ginger pieces to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved and solids are softened. Strain into a glass container. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Cocktail Assembly
- Combine rum, tea, syrup, and lemon juice with ice and shake together. Pour into a glass and garnish with a lemon slice!
As a coconut honey latte
This is a great post-yoga treat, and I love the warming sensation of thick, creamy coconut milk and spicy tea. Simple to make and enjoy, even if you’re in a rush!
- 1 Purpose teabag
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place water and coconut milk in a small saucepan. Break open teabag into liquid. Heat mixture to just before boiling, remove from heat, and strain into a mug. Stir in honey and enjoy!
As a smoothie
I love a good smoothie in the morning, but I’m also not a fan of super-sweet foods first thing when I wake up. Using tea instead of milk or yogurt to whip together a smoothie cuts the sugary sweetness and adds to the health benefits of the drink.
- 1 frozen mango
- 1 small frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen papaya cubes
- 1 cup brewed and cooled Purpose tea
- Blend all ingredients, pour into a tall glass, and enjoy!
For information on how you can #SteepUp to win a Numi Holistic Tea Prize package, check out our Holistic Wellness Ambassador campaign.