As a gal who loves DIY gifting, I’m never short of crafty ideas for the ladies on my list. Recently, I made Hannah’s Green Tea Facial Mask in bulk and packaged it in cute mason jars with homemade labels. Check!
The gents? Much harder. A quick poll confirmed the men in my life were not interested in a facial mask. Seeing what guys gift each other (the ones in my life, anyway) I noted it often involves, well, alcohol. So I decided on an easy DIY — infused vodka, incorporating flavors that work well in both sweet and savory cocktails. Enter this…
Jalapeño + Dry Desert Lime Infused Vodka
Below you’ll find a recipe for the infused vodka. Plus, printable gift tags with two recipes inside, including this Kickin’ Moscow Mule and a Bitin’ Bloody Mary.
Cheers, Michelle 💚
- 1.75 L bottle of vodka
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers
- 3 bags Numi's Dry Desert Lime tea
- Remove strings and tags from the tea bags. Insert into vodka bottle. If needed, use a thin knife to push teabags through the neck and into the liquid. Don't worry about puncturing the bags -- you can strain the vodka if necessary.
- Trim stems off the peppers. Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut each half into strips small enough to fit through the neck of your bottle.
- Insert desired amount of peppers into the bottle.
- Put the cap back on the bottle, sealing tightly. Shake to make sure the peppers are submerged.
- Store in a cool place. After 24 hours, taste-test for the right infusion. Err on the side of stronger, keeping in mind flavor will dilute when mixed with other ingredients.
- Portion into 5 pint-sized mason jars, or another container of comparable size.
Gift Tag Instructions
Easiest (blank inside): Download and print the gift tag pdf. Cut along outlines, and write your own message on the back.
More Complicated (recipes inside): Download both gift tag outside and gift tag inside. Print 2-sided, assuring outside and inside line up. Cut along outlines, fold.
Leave a Reply