This post was originally published by Portia Smith on Obsessed By Portia. It has been shortened slightly for the Numi Tea Garden Blog.
This blondie recipe super simple, tastes AMAZING and is a nice clean treat for when you’re craving some chocolatey goodness. Not to mention, it’s gluten and dairy free!
My go-to dessert is a blondie…with a secret ingredient…beans! I swear NO ONE will know and it creates the perfect base for this recipe loaded with protein and fiber.
This time around I decided to play with the recipe using Numi Turmeric Cocoa Golden Latte Mix. I have been taking a turmeric supplement for a few years for its superfood benefits as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune booster, but with the Turmeric Latte hitting pop star status in the wellness world, I was intrigued to try the Numi Golden Latte blend, especially the Cocoa variety!
The recipe is easy to follow and requires just a few ingredients you likely have on hand – but first order the Numi Organic Turmeric Cocoa HERE!
In case you’re wondering what exactly is in the Turmeric Cocoa Latte: Fair Trade Certified™ organic turmeric, Fair Trade Certified™ organic cocoa powder, organic coconut milk powder, organic cinnamon, organic black pepper and organic vanilla bean. And it’s caffeine free!
So here’s what you need to do… Pin this recipe, enjoy the sunshine, then make it tomorrow afternoon before the busy week ahead…I’d like to say it will last a few days (which it will in the refrigerator), but it is usually gone in less than 24 hours in my house – my littles LOVE it!
*Photos by Jasmine Klein Photography
- 1 can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (can sub honey or agave)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup + 3 tbs quick cooking gluten-free aats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs ground flax or wheat germ
- ¼ tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Numi Turmeric Cocoa Golden Latte Mix
- ¾ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, blend oats and flax/wheat germ until fine
- Add rest of ingredients to food processor except Turmeric Cocoa and chocolate chips, blend until smooth
- Add Turmeric Cocoa Golden Latte Mix, blend until mixed well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Add mixture to 8x8 greased glass pan
- Bake for 15-18 min, until slightly firm to the touch - do not overcook. They will look slightly undone on the inside, but I promise this adds to the chocolate gooey texture.
- Store in the refridgerator
If you love turmeric as much as we do, check out 10 Turmeric Treats or a delicious Healing Turmeric Buddha Bowl.