It’s pumpkin spice season! It is everywhere… and I do mean that literally. I recently saw a pumpkin spice deodorant. Yes, deodorant.
But let’s focus on tasty things instead, like this delicious vegan turmeric pumpkin pie!
The difference between chai spice and pumpkin pie spice is slim to none, which makes Numi Turmeric Chai Golden Latte Mix such a great fit for this recipe. Warm and complex, and with such high quality ingredients, it’s easy as easy to drink as it is to bake with. Or in this cake, no-bake bake with. Now I am confused – let’s make pie.
- No-Bake Pie Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup soaked cashews
- 2 tsp Numi Turmeric Chai Golden Latte Mix
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- 1 15 ounce can coconut cream, non-emulsified
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To make the crust, combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixture is like that of cornmeal. When the mixture is pinched and sticks together, it is ready.
- Lightly grease a 9" pie plate with vegetable shortening or coconut oil. Transfer mixture to the pie plate and press out into the shape of pie crust, fully covering the bottom of the plate and sides. Place the pie plate in the fridge.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, pie spice, soaked cashews, and Turmeric Chai to the bowl of a food processor. If you don’t feel like washing yours for this step, you can do it in the blender also.
- Puree the mixture until it is very smooth. Add in the cornstarch and mix to fully combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture to the pie plate. Using a spatula, evenly spread out the puree. Give it a few good shakes to remove any bubbles.
- Place the pie, covered with plastic, in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. Place a large mixing bowl and the can of coconut milk in the fridge with it.
- When the pie is ready to serve, remove the mixing bowl and coconut milk from the fridge. Add the milk, sugar, and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. This only works with coconut milk that doesn’t have emulsifiers added to it. Some brands do, to keep the cream separating from the fat.
- Top the pie with the coconut whipped cream and serve!
- Note: cans of pumpkin can vary in consistency so you may need to place the pie in the freezer for it to fully set.
Loving the turmeric craze? Try our Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte or Turmeric Cocoa Breakfast Pops next.