Subtly infuse the sweet flavors of fresh citrus and turmeric into an anti-inflammatory spin on this breakfast classic.
Enjoy these healthy, delicious Turmeric Sunshine Pancakes for the ultimate anti-inflammatory start to your day. We infuse your favorite breakfast staple with fresh citrus and the flavors of Turmeric Golden Tonic tea.
Golden Tonic is a zesty blend of turmeric, lemon verbena, and lime, that adds citrus-based complexity to the pancake batter without creating an overpowering turmeric flavor. This recipe has sugar, spice, and everything nice.
Turmeric Sunshine Pancakes are the perfect Sunday morning treat. Or a great addition to brunch!
You’re going to love it.
Pin me for later
- 3 Numi Turmeric Golden Tonictea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- Cooking spray
- Steep Turmeric tea bags in 1 cup water for 5 minutes. Squeeze well and remove.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk egg white, orange juice, orange rind and steeped tea.
- Pour tea mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly spray pre-heated skillet/griddle, on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle using ¼ cup measure. Cook until tops are bubbly and edges are dry, approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn and cook other side for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with fruit and honey or maple syrup.
Next up, try Numi’s top 10 Breakfast and Tea Pairings.