Congratulations and THANKS to Samantha Lerner, one of our Summer Teaventures Recipe Contest winners! Get all the winning recipes →
We say YES to chocolate for breakfast! Hot or iced, this vegan tea latte is a great way to start the day with a satisfyingly healthy hint of chocolate.
Vegan Almond Joy Tea Latte
Author: Samantha Lerner
Recipe type: Beverage
- 2½ cups coconut milk (almond milk would taste great too!)
- 2 Numi Chocolate Pu-erh Tea bags
- 1 teaspoon sugar in the raw (or sweetener of choice)
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon almond extract (to taste)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Bring coconut milk to a light boil, then turn off heat
- Steep tea bags in coconut milk for 10 minutes. Remove bags and squeeze to release as much chocolately liquid as possible into the steeped coconut milk.
- Mix sweetener and almond extract in coconut milk until fully dissolved
- Pour into mug
- Garnish with cocoa powder (optional)
* * * * *
SAMANTHA LERNER is passionate about two things in life: tea and veganism. She strives to live the most compassionate life she can, and tea and veganism allow her to be her best self.
Leave a Reply